<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/33423137?origin\x3dhttp://diamond-sparkles.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, June 01, 2011
11:44 PM
"Hey Miss, I would just like 3 mins of your time. Im actually from a volunteer group helping ex criminals raise funds. They are the people who have been in jail and are looking for a fresh start in life. But given their criminal records, there are few who would employ them. Im doing a one day charity event, its only for 1 day to help these ex criminals. We are selling these things for $5 and $10. They are made by the ex criminals themselves. I've been standing here since morning till now. Even foreigners have donated. Would you please help them out?"

I was on my way home when this girl approached me and I paused to give her the 3 mins of my time that she was asking for. After hearing what the girl said, I've decided to help them out because I feel that some ex criminals really deserve a fresh start in life but are not given one. Partly also because of this sudden urge I have to do some volunteer services, but havent been doing any due to time constraints. So i took out my wallet but I knew that I didnt have much left after making some purchases earlier. I took out what was left-4 bucks- and told her that I dont have much left would you accept my 4 bucks instead?

Just for that brief moment, I think I caught a flicker of annoyance flash across her face. I gave her my 4 bucks (which I could use it for a meal) and without even a word of thanks, she moved on to the next person.

What made me peeved was that I didnt see any sincerity in their efforts to help those ex criminals at all! She did give a very well rehearsed speech but...her actions gave me much more insights about her than her speech did. I was disappointed but the only comfort that i could give myself was that the money will not go to them and I could only sincerely hope that it goes to the deserved and it will make a difference. *prays hard*

I had driving lesson this morning and I overslept! Pressed my alarm clock by mistake because my sis's alarm clock rang early in the morn and thinking that it was mine, i switched it off without thinking. To top that up, I got the same instructor as last lesson, which is not a good thing. Haha...But I'm enjoying driving so far! Yay :D

AND I've tried playnation at last! It was on mon with 05 girls!! Kinect was so fun! and (dont laugh) I've never tried Guitar Hero before and I loved it! challenges your coordination skills! Cool TTM!! We had great fun manz! No regrets! But I've gotta admit that my muscle was aching slightly the day after the outing and i caught a small flu too. But it was worthwhile (: Appreciate the organisation of the outing! :D:D

I ought to catch up on my rest now. Need it to survive in the freezing office environment tmrw!